Friday, December 9, 2016

Living in Wine country has a certain type of  flair. In a way many people are jealous of the everyday culture that we get to live out our existence.  Who wouldn't?  
During half of the year, the whole town smells like wine or fermented grapes! We have access to over 85 wineries within a 10 mile perimeter! If you love wine, your probably the type of person who can afford to spend an entire weekend wine tasting

As a local who only drinks wine occasionally..... I am automatically labeled as a "wine snob", "WINO", or a "wine prick"! Yes its true, a simple, level headed, thrift store shopper, non country club member......
I am a "Prick"!
Why am I known as a "Prick" you ask? Well, because I live in Wine Country, I have to be! Why would any sane, and non wine loving person choose to live in a place only for the rich, snooty, or stuck up local? Now don't think for a minute that I am bashing any locals. For the most part we live in quaint areas, with people who have lived here for decades, and have generations of different cultures... mostly German! 
The reason for my wine country culture summary is to give you an idea of why I have chosen to embrace the "prick" label, and turn it into a community of locals who have no other choice but to create a camaraderie based on where we live instead of what we do!

Any friend or person that knows me from a far (for that matter)can tell you I love Pinterest. Before Pinterest entered my life I was creating binders and binders full of  ideas from magazines, books, pictures, and from the internet. I would tear, cut or print them out, and organize them into sections. When I had the spare time, I would pull it out and find a craft to make for a holiday, gift, or would put myself in front of a "Doris Day and Cary Grant" movie and distress with my creativity and a hot glue gun. 
As a wedding and Event planner, I was often kept away from home when my kids and husband would normally be home.  So I took a leap of faith and tried to find something a little more stable and family time friendly. I ended up taking a well paying job that actually had me travel 95% of the time. As a blessing in disguise the company moved out of state and I was let go and free to start fresh.  
I always said "I wish I could get paid to craft"....... and there it was! 
Ive been putting on Pinterest parties for a few years now, and was now turning this idea into a business. I wanted to really capture the essence of the locals in this area, lol! 
After a relentless think session, I realized we are more known for being Local Winos than anything!
So, welcome fellow "PinPricks", lets "Drink" and "Be Crafty"!
www.pinprickdesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment