Sunday, December 11, 2016

Anniversary and family tradition

So, for as long as I can remember, my Grandma has always been a woman who is up for trying almost anything. For many years she raised my dad and uncles as a farmer wife! When I was a teenager my Grandparents moved from farm life to something (less taxing) more suited to their age. After my (handsome, and loving) grandpa passed away, my Grandma retired and now had an abundance of extra time! Having more time on her hands gave her the opportunities to find new hobbies. Not being a woman who puts limits on her interests, she tried a few different things.  Realizing she loved volunteering her time, long walks, scrap booking and making handmade cards for birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and any other possible reason she can think of for making a card!
My anniversary was this week and I was looking forward to receiving my card from grandma. It was beautiful and I will cherish every word of it! I love imagining my grandmas hands working with a glue stick, scissors, at her table. A very special thought that I don't take for granted! I made sure the last time she visited, we did a craft project!!! We had so much fun " girl-talking" and creating spring centerpiece for our new house! Best memory EVER!

My amazingly adoring husband started our anniversary with red roses and a special card that can only be described as romantic adoration, and miraculous love! He let me pick my favorite dinner ( which was sushi) and the rest of the evening was spent in the complete bliss of (watching a movie) his arms. By far, it's was the most perfect evening I could of ever asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment